With 114 teams, this year’s West Michigan Classic proved to be one of our most competitive Tier-II events of 2018, with highly-competitive divisions across all age groups. Check out who finished the weekend on top with some pretty impressive division champions!
- In the U-18 Division, the West Dundee Leafs swept its way through the weekend with a perfect 6-0-0 record, capping it off with a 4-0 win over the Lansing Spartans; their third shutout of the tournament.
- The U-16 Division pitted the Chicago Bruins against the Orland Park Vikings, with the Bruins winning 3-2. After tying its first two games, Chicago won the next four games to finish 4-0-2 on the weekend.
- The London Jr. Knights defeated the Orland Park Vikings 2-1 in the U-15 Division. London’s final three games of the tournament were decided by just one goal, finishing with a 2-2-1 record.
- In the 04 Platinum Division, Compuware knocked off the Chesterfield Falcons 2-1 in the championship, winning five straight games to go 5-0-1 on the weekend.
- The 04 Gold Division featured the Windsor Jr. Spitfires and Ashburn Xtreme. The Spitfires came out on top 3-1, winning their final three games by two goals or more.
- Fox Motors defeated the Chelsea Chiefs 4-2 in the 04 Silver Division. Fox Motors went 4-1-1 and scored 23 goals in their final four games of the tournament.
- In the 05 Platinum Division, Highland Park topped the West Dundee Leafs 6-4 to make it a perfect 6-0-0 record on the weekend.
- The 05 Gold Division pitted two teams from Chicago against each other. The Chicago Hawks knocked off the Chicago Bruins 3-2, going 5-1-0 on the weekend with back-to-back wins over fellow Chicago teams in the four-team playoff.
- The Chicago Bulldogs beat the Troy Sting 5-1 in the 06 Platinum Division, scoring five-or-more goals in four of their six tournament wins.
- Compuware took home the 06 Gold Division championship with a 3-2 win over the West Dundee Leafs, capping off a 4-0-2 run through the weekend.
- The 07 Division featured two Chicago teams as well, with the Chicago Bulldogs and Chicago Blues squaring off. The Bulldogs scored their most goals in a single game of the tournament, winning 5-0 in the championship.
- Highland Park defeated West Dundee in the 08 Division championship, going 6-0-0 on the weekend and scoring 7-or-more goals in three of those wins.
- In the 09 Division, The Naperville Sabres shutout the Chicago Jets 6-0, scoring a total of 34 goals during their six-game stretch to compile a 5-1-0 record.
Looking for more from the West-Michigan Classic? Check out all the tournament results HERE! Want to play in next year’s event? Connect with one of our hockey advisors TODAY and compete at the 2019 tournament!